About the PCCNC
Mission & Vision
Background & Support
"Best Practices" Care
NC Survivor Network
||Baseline@40 | Newly Diagnosed Navigation Support
print friendly version of this page |
The Prostate Cancer Coalition of North Carolina is a community of people dedicated to the defeat of prostate cancer. By working together the citizens of North Carolina will see a day when prostate cancer is no longer a threat to the families of our state.
Founded March 21, 2001
Prostate cancer is a major health issue in North Carolina. The death rate from prostate cancer in North Carolina is the one of the highest in the nation; African-American men in North Carolina have one of the highest death rates from prostate cancer in the world. Not nearly enough is being done in North Carolina to battle this health crisis.
The coalition focuses on three goals:
- Raising awareness of prostate cancer as a major health threat to North Carolina families.
- Promoting community, state and national actions to battle this disease.
- Uniting and coordinating our efforts to increase the -effectiveness of those affected or concerned about prostate cancer.
Prostate Cancer Coalition of North Carolina Vision Statement
By working together the citizens of North Carolina will see a day when prostate cancer is no longer a threat to the families of our state.
Critical Success Factors
- The state of North Carolina must be a leader in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care of prostate cancer.
- The physicians in North Carolina must be well informed regarding all the issues associated with the diagnosis, treatment and care of prostate cancer.
- The major medical institutions in North Carolina collaborate to provide leading edge research and the best possible care for those affected by this disease.
World-class diagnostic and treatment facilities, equipment and services must be available to the men of North Carolina.
- The prostate cancer patient in North Carolina should be a well-informed patient.
- The citizens of North Carolina must be aware of the threat of prostate cancer and their best course of action to protect themselves or their loved ones.
- The citizens of North Carolina should be aware of the health and dietary choices that will reduce their risk of prostate cancer.
- Screening and care resources must be readily available to all of our citizens.
- There should be support groups easily accessible to all of our citizens.
- There should be knowledgeable survivors and spouses available for prostate cancer consultation with men or their families.
- The death rates from prostate cancer in North Carolina should be among the lowest in the Nation for every ethnic and social group.
The PCCNC is a 501c3 non-profit. We welcome charitable donations.
Prostate Cancer Coalition of North Carolina (PCCNC)
5905 Shamrock Road
Research Triangle Park, NC 27713