About the PCCNC
Mission & Vision
Background & Support
"Best Practices" Care
NC Survivor Network
||Screening Risks and Benefits | Newly Diagnosed Navigation Support
Mission and Vision
print friendly version of this page |
The coalition focuses on three goals:
- Raising awareness of prostate cancer as a major health threat to North Carolina families.
- Promoting community, state and national actions to battle this disease.
- Uniting and coordinating our efforts to increase the effectiveness of those affected or concerned about prostate cancer.
By working together the citizens of North Carolina will see a day when prostate cancer is no longer a threat to the families of our state.
Critical Success Factors
- The state of North Carolina must be a leader in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care of prostate cancer.
- The physicians in North Carolina must be well informed regarding all the issues associated with the diagnosis, treatment and care of prostate cancer.
- The major medical institutions in North Carolina collaborate to provide leading edge research and the best possible care for those affected by this disease.
World-class diagnostic and treatment facilities, equipment and services must be available to the men of North Carolina.
- The prostate cancer patient in North Carolina should be a well-informed patient.
- The citizens of North Carolina must be aware of the threat of prostate cancer and their best course of action to protect themselves or their loved ones.
- The citizens of North Carolina should be aware of the health and dietary choices that will reduce their risk of prostate cancer.
- Screening and care resources must be readily available to all of our citizens.
- There should be support groups easily accessible to all of our citizens.
- There should be knowledgeable survivors and spouses available for prostate cancer consultation with men or their families.
- The death rates from prostate cancer in North Carolina should be among the lowest in the Nation for every ethnic and social group.
The PCCNC is a 501c3 non-profit. We welcome charitable donations.
Prostate Cancer Coalition of North Carolina (PCCNC)
5905 Shamrock Road
Research Triangle Park, NC 27713