About the PCCNC
Mission & Vision
Background & Support
"Best Practices" Care
NC Survivor Network
||Screening Risks and Benefits | Newly Diagnosed Navigation Support | Home
Prostate Cancer Risk Reduction
print friendly version of this page |
There are several known risk factors for developing prostate cancer including age, race, family history & genetics, obesity, and lifestyle.
But what can YOU do, right now, today, to reduce your risk?
Experts tend to agree:
- Heart Healthy Diet = Prostate Healthy Diet
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day
- Maintain a Healthy Weight
- See Your Doctor for Annual Physicals
- Keeping your cholesterol under control may also help to reduce risk
- Work with your Physician to keep your prostate healthy by addressing other common issues such as inflammation and enlargement
- Make sure you have an annual prostate screening and keep track of your results! Early detection of prostate cancer can be critical to survival.
Click here to learn more about risk reduction.
Prostate Cancer Coalition of North Carolina (PCCNC)
5905 Shamrock Road
Research Triangle Park, NC 27713